Go to Breakfast in Istanbul: Part 1

Hello everyone,

I am so excited to share my experiences in my English blog with you. And here is my first post 👀

I think breakfast is a great way to start the day. I won't skip breakfast because for me breakfast is the best meal of the day. I always give some time to preapare it and I really enjoy having it. In this content I will mention 3 different cuisines and places as a suggestion. If you are ready lets read! ☕

Our first place is Arada Blue City. Arada Cafe has 3 different places in Ä°stanbul. Two of them is locating near to Karaköy and one of them is in Ãœsküdar. I visited all of them and I will mention specifically Blue City one which is locating in Ãœsküdar. It is 10 minute walking distance to Ãœsküdar Marmaray or metro station. The place has terrace and open area. Menu is diverse but when it comes to breakfast you can choose "spread breaskfast" as an option. This breakfast is not an usual one because it is Lebanese cuisine. The breakfast is nearly impossible to finish therefore I would suggest to go really hungry. 😋 If you really love earl grey or regular tea you will love this place because they are giving free tea. 

For breakfast you can choose olives, jams from the board which they will provide to you. You can also order additional eggs and pastries.  But it is already included in spread breakfast. My favorites were hummus, muhammara and traditional pastries. When it comes to bill I can say it is bit expensive. As 2 person we spent 300TL (16-17 Euros). Except from this in terms of design, decoration is great, authentic and at the same time from terrace you can see sea. You can also go there for dinner, lunch or even in Ramadan for Iftar.  

As a second alternative here is some "modern breakfast". ROP long as Republic of Pancake. It is locating in Kadıkoy Moda, really easy to find. It has 3-4 tables therefore you may need to go early. Again menu is diverse and mainly contains sweet-savory crepes and pancakes. You can order fix menus or you can create your own breakfast. When I went there I ordered classic pancake breakfast but savory ones are also looking good. Next time I will order cheddar cheese one. Total cost us for 2 person is 120TL (6-7 Euros) 

Last but not least I will take you to one of the Turkish Traditional breakfast: Blacksea Edition. This place called Muhlama it is a traditional breakfast dish and made with melted cheese and corn flour. This place has 2 branch and they are located in AtaÅŸehir and Kavacık. It is a good alternative for big families especially for childrens because in the place you can find a play room. The Blacksea Village Breakfast ingredients are enough and has a good quality. From haricot to muhlama to corn bread you can find all of the traiditional dishes. Again tea is unlimited. 😌 In the menu you can find different eggs. You can also prefer for dinner and lunch and even for desserts.  😊 2 person breakfast cost us 200TL (10-11 Euros) 

I tried my best for breakfast suggestions. If you have any advice or place in your mind let me know through Instagram or comment section. 💓

All the best!

Comments